Over 60s Home Bonus Scheme
The Over 60s Home Bonus Scheme (Home Bonus Scheme) is an ACT Government initiative, administered by the ACT Revenue Office. The Home Bonus Scheme assists eligible non-pensioners aged 60 years and over, who own a residential home, to move to accommodation more suited to their needs (for example, moving from a house to a townhouse) by reducing the duty payable on their new purchase of a residential home or residential vacant land.
The eligibility criteria under the Over 60s Home Bonus Scheme vary depending on the date the transaction to purchase the property was entered into.
- 8 June 2016 - 31 December 2016
- 1 January 2016 - 7 June 2016
- 3 June 2015 - 31 December 2015
- 1 January 2015 - 2 June 2015
- 4 June 2014 - 31 December 2014